End of the year business:
If your child has over-the-counter medication (ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc.) in the health office we will send them home during the last two weeks of school. This process will begin 5/13/21 for 6th graders and 5/14/21 for 7th and 8th graders. If you do not want medications sent home with your student you may pick them up before then or call and communicate this. If you have any questions or concerns please call 402-715-8505. If students have prescription medications (inhalers, epi-pens, etc.) in the health office they must be picked up by a parent and may not be sent home with students. We are unable to store medications over the summer and anything not picked up by the last day will be disposed of.
Parents of All Students:
- If your child has asthma or a severe allergy requiring emergency medications we must have current asthma/anaphylaxis plan on file from your child’s doctor along with non-expired, prescription labeled medications brought to school.
- If your child requires medications during the school day they must be brought in the original container by an adult and a medication card must be filled out by a parent. Students in middle school are not allowed to carry prescription medications into school. We are unable to have more than 30 doses of medication at school.
ATTENTION: Parents of Incoming 7th-grade students
- Schedule a physical for your child (appointments fill up quickly).
- If your child has a severe allergy or asthma have the physician provide an asthma action plan and document whether they are allowed to carry their inhaler and self-administer.
- Obtain a copy of up-to-date immunization (especially TDAP – required for 7th grade).
- If you are having your child’s physician complete vision, hearing, height, and weight please ensure they record the results on the physical they provide you with.
- Bring all paperwork to school or upload it as an electronic document.
- If you have any questions please call your school nurse (Stacie Witherspoon) at 402-715-8505.
Have a safe and healthy summer!!